Are Ficus Ginseng true bonsai? Well, as the name ‘bonsai’ translates as a ‘tree in a pot’, then yes! Some purists would argue, but this is a fascinating bonsai with a quirky root structure. Easy care. Ideal for beginners.
The easiest bonsai to care for.
- Requires watering about every 5-6 days, less in winter – but keep an eye on the soil and water when needed (more on hot summer days). Don’t let the soil dry out.
- Likes good light but direct sunlight is not necessary.
- Feed every 2 weeks, but reduce this to monthly in winter.
- Ideal temperature range: 15-20C. These trees can tolerate temperatures as low as 1C but avoid frost.
- Grows happily indoors all year, but also enjoys being outdoors in summer.